Students hoping to transfer to UF from Santa Fe College may be eligible to join the UF Honors Program as part of our honors transfer pilot initiative.
Students who completed the first part of their undergraduate journey at Santa Fe College may be eligible to join the University Honors Program through transfer admissions as incoming UF transfer students. This entry point is the only opportunity to join the Honors Program for transfer students.
Eligibility Criteria to Join this Pilot:
- Apply to UF as a transfer student and be admitted by your college of choice
- Graduate from Santa Fe College and its Honors Program having earned the Honors Certificate with Highest Honors
- Plan to enter UF during the Fall term
Students meeting the eligibility criteria will be automatically invited to join the Honors Program. However, you will have to confirm that you are accepting the offer in writing. We recommend adding @honors.ufl.edu to your UF email address book so the invitation does not go to spam.
Please note that students participating in UF Online or students who plan to enter UF during a Spring semester will not be considered for this pilot program.
At this time, there is no opportunity to petition the UF Honors office regarding the transfer admissions pilot.
Timeline for the Summer 2024 Cycle
- Spring 2024: Students submit their Honors ePortfolio to the Santa Fe Honors Program
- Mid-June: UF transfer decisions released
- Early July: UF Honors invitations sent to qualified students
- Mid-August: Required orientation workshop which serves as final confirmation. Students who do not participate in the workshop will forfeit their place in the program.
For answers to questions about the honors student experience at UF, please reach out to one of our Honors Luminaries.
For answers to questions about the UF Honors Program, please call (352-392-1519) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) our main office.
For answers to questions about earning your Honors Certificate with Highest Honors from Santa Fe College, please contact Santa Fe College Honors Program Coordinator Dr. Ryan Keith.
To discuss potentially becoming a partner in this pilot honors transfer initiative, please contact UF Honors Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships Coordinator Dr. TehQuin Forbes.