The following scholarships and funding are available exclusively to students in good standing in the Honors Program:
Wentworth Study Abroad Scholarships
These scholarships are available to students participating in any UF-approved study abroad program.
Preference is given to the following:
- Honors students participating in a UF Honors-affiliated study abroad program
- Honors students studying in a non-Western European destination
- First or second year Honors students who have not previously traveled abroad
In 2023, 12 scholarships of $1500 each were awarded to honors students studying abroad during the summer.
For 2024, we anticipate awarding the following:
- Spring 2024 - 1 scholarship of $2000
- Summer 2024 - 12 scholarships of $1500 each
- Fall 2024 or academic year 24-25 - 1 scholarship of $2000
Eligibility: Awarded to active members of the UF Honors Program with a 3.5 UF GPA or higher. Must not complete undergraduate degree before the end of the term in which they are studying abroad.
Application: Available through the UF International Center as part of their study abroad scholarship application. There is no separate application for the Honors scholarship.
Albert G. Raybun Scholarship
This is a need-based scholarship for pre-med Honors students who are one year away from graduation. The purpose of the scholarship is to support pre-med students during the final year of their undergraduate degree. Typically 1-2 students are awarded each year, with total amount awarded not to exceed $1000.
In 2023, 1 Raybun Scholarship was awarded for $1000.
Eligibility: UF Honors students who are one year away from completing their undergraduate degree. Must have a minimum UF GPA of 3.0. Must have a current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid.
Application: Updated Scholarship Application coming soon!
Deadline: March 15 at 11:59pm ET, annually
Contact: Dr. Johnson
Wentworth Travel Awards
The Wentworth Travel Award provides financial assistance for UF Honors students pursuing experiential learning opportunities (exception: study abroad) during their undergraduate career.
- Participation in an Honors UnCommon Classroom
- Travel to conduct research or to present at an academic conference / meeting
- Unpaid; or public service, government or non-profit focused internship
- Leadership or professional development-focused training or certification (Priority - students receiving need-based aid, including Pell-eligible students)
- Other Honors experiential learning activity or select other UF department-sponsored experiential learning activities, with Honors Director approval
Total Wentworth funds available each year are limited. Once funds are exhausted for the year, additional awards cannot be distributed and the application system will close.
Application: Available online via UF Qualtrics
Deadline: At least 6 weeks prior to the start of the activity for full consideration. Note, activity participation must be confirmed before application will be reviewed.
Post-Experience Requirements: The following components must be submitted to the Honors Director at the conclusion of the experience. Failure to submit these components within 10 business days will result in award repayment:
- Expense receipts (e.g. airfare, lodging, registration)
- Impact Statement: Concisely summarize the experience; Explain the ways in which the experience expanded your understanding, perspective, skills, or preparedness; Describe how the experienced shaped your academic, career, and / or personal goals.
- If eligible, submit your experience for the relevant Academic or Enrichment points towards Honors Completion Requirements in your Honors Canvas Cohort.
Contact: Dr. Johnson