Learn more about:
- First-Year Honors Program (FHP) Hallmarks
- University Honors Program (UHP) Hallmarks
- Honors Completion Requirements
- Honors Medallion Ceremony
- Honors Hall of Fame
- Milestone I: First-Year Honors
Milestone I: First-Year Requirements must be completed by the end of the first spring semester at UF. At the conclusion of spring, all first-year honors students will be reviewed to ensure they have completed these requirements.
- FHP Entrance Survey: Distributed to incoming students in July, due in August.
- 2 Academic Points, Honors Course Category: Two credits of honors courses, completed with a "B" or higher. Note: URSP course requirements do not count as honors courses.
- 3.5 Cumulative UF GPA: Earned by the end of the spring semester
- Student Conduct and Honor Code Check: Good standing verified by Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
An appeals process is available for students who do not meet the GPA requirement and / or do not earn their 2 academic points (honors course category) due to an honors course grade / withdrawal. Students who do not attempt to earn their 2 academic points (honors course category) will not be eligible to appeal.
- Milestone II: 60 Credits Earned at UF
The following requirements must be completed by the end of the semester in which 60 UF credits have been earned. Note: Incoming credits from AP, IB, AICE, and dual enrollment do not count.
- 2 Academic Points - any category: This is in addition to the 2 Academic Points earned as part of Milestone I requirements.
- 2 Enrichment Points - any category
More information about Academic and Enrichment points is available in the Honors Cohort in Canvas.
An appeals process is available for students who do not meet Milestone II requirements, but students must have extenuating circumstances, with appropriate documentation, to explain why they were unable to meet these requirements.
- Milestone III: Graduation
The following requirements must be completed by the graduating semester. All Academic and Enrichment points and the Honors Graduation Application must be submitted in the Honors Cohort in Canvas by the published deadline, no exceptions.
- 4 remaining Academic Points - any category: Exception, lateral admits must complete 6 remaining Academic Points, but they can use any points earned at UF prior to their Honors admission.
- 4 remaining Enrichment Points - any category
- Graduate with Honors in the Major: Meet the criteria to graduate at the "cum laude" level. Honors in the Major criteria is determined and validated by the student's college and can be tracked in the Degree Audit.
- Honors Graduation Application: Must be submitted in the Honors Cohort in Canvas by the published deadline in the graduating semester. Honors Completion will not be finalized or the Honors Medallion awarded without receiving this application.