The Student Honors Organization (SHO) serves the Honors Program and its members by hosting events throughout the academic year that support community engagement. SHO's most notable events include the Fall Kick Off and Spring Formal.
The Student Honors Organization (SHO) strives to bring members of the Honors community together so that they can establish meaningful connections, exchange thoughtful and intellectual dialogue, and create lifelong memories.
All students in good standing with the University of Florida Honors Program are members of SHO. There is no sign-up process. Members are encouraged to attend SHO events including Town Halls.
2023 – 2024 SHO Executive board:
- President: Chase Virta-Steel
- Vice President of Member Engagement: Keelyn Fife
- Vice President of Internal Affairs: Momin Ahmed
- Director of Marketing: Samantha Boisvert
- Director of Operations: Nicolas Namia
- Director of Finance: Anna Theissen
Faculty Advisor: Kristy Spear
Each year, SHO selects our university’s top scholars and student leaders to represent the greater Honors community and host events. SHO leadership is devised of Officers and Assistant Directors. Recruitment for Officers takes place in February/March; recruitment for Assistant Directors takes place early in the fall semester. Check the Honors on Wednesday for application information and deadlines.
Honors students interested in serving on SHO can expect to:
- Gain leadership experience
- Create valuable connections with Honors students, alumni and faculty
- Grow personally and professionally
- Develop a powerful network across campus and in the Gainesville community