Mission & Purpose
Honors & Aprons serves to encourage passion and creativity within Honors students in the kitchen and facilitate learning at all levels of experience.
H&A hosts informational/educational meetings to encourage the development of cooking and baking skills and knowledge as well as social meetings to promote a supportive and engaging environment. The organization also aims to contribute to the surrounding Gainesville community through volunteer service.
Honors & Aprons seeks to inspire culinary knowledge at all skill levels by starting from the basics and developing a supportive environment for students to become more comfortable in the kitchen. Informational meetings include both baking and cooking as topics, with presentations on the artistic and scientific sides of each.
General Body Meetings (GBM) will be held on Mondays from 7 - 8 pm EST beginning January 25 for the Spring 2021 semester, but will remain completely optional and subject-to-change based on University or health official recommendations.
- Co-Presidents: Delaney Phelps and Miette Ogg
- Vice President: Matthew Allicock
- Treasurer: Jennifer Kyu
- Secretary: Malea Joyce
- Social Media & Communications Director: Savannah Buccellato
- Faculty Advisor:
Any student with an interest in cooking, baking or food is encouraged to become involved with Honors & Aprons!
Honors & Aprons may be a good fit if you...
- are willing to experiment and learn kitchen and cooking basics.
- want to have fun as you cook or discuss food with a group.
- are looking to come together and meet people within the Honors community.
How to Join
Interested students should join the following to get updates and information about Honors & Aprons meetings and events:
- Email list: https://forms.gle/uAhWWWNJBGpBg3Xn9
- GroupMe: https://groupme.com/join_group/63427414/rpBrZJK0
- Facebook Group: https://facebook.com/groups/HonorsandAprons
All Honors students are welcome to attend any GBM, although certain attendance requirements are required to maintain good standing with the organization and receive preferred placement for certain in-person events.
Follow Honors & Aprons on social media for recipes, tips and food-related fun!
- Facebook: @HonorsandAprons - https://facebook.com/HonorsandAprons
- Instagram: @HonorsandAprons - https://instagram.com/HonorsandAprons