Mission & Purpose
Honors & Aprons serves to encourage passion and creativity within Honors students in the kitchen and facilitate learning at all levels of experience.
H&A hosts informational/educational meetings to encourage the development of cooking and baking skills and knowledge as well as social meetings to promote a supportive and engaging environment. The organization also aims to contribute to the surrounding Gainesville community through volunteer service.
Honors & Aprons seeks to inspire culinary knowledge at all skill levels by starting from the basics and developing a supportive environment for students to become more comfortable in the kitchen. Informational meetings include both baking and cooking as topics, with presentations on the artistic and scientific sides of each.
We are currently planning for an in-person semester and masks are recommended for those attending. Meeting details are subject to change based on official health recommendations.
General Body Meetings (GBM) will be held on select Mondays from 4-6 pm EST beginning January 10 for the Spring 2022 semester in Cypress Kitchen. Other club activities (e.g., service events, presentations, socials, etc.) may be offered throughout the semester. Please make sure to join our newsletter list and social groups for access to an updated schedule (see details below under "How to Join").
- Co-Presidents: Delaney Phelps and Miette Ogg
- Vice President: Matthew Allicock
- Treasurer: Jennifer Kyu
- Secretary: Malea Joyce
- Social Media & Communications Director: Savannah Buccellato
- Faculty Advisor: Mike O'Malley
Any student with an interest in cooking, baking or food is encouraged to become involved with Honors & Aprons!
Honors & Aprons may be a good fit if you...
- are willing to experiment and learn kitchen and cooking basics.
- want to have fun as you cook or discuss food with a group.
- are looking to come together and meet people within the Honors community.
How to Join
Interested students should join the following to get updates and information about Honors & Aprons meetings and events:
- All Honors students are welcome to attend any GBM, although certain attendance requirements are required to maintain good standing with the organization and receive preferred placement for in-person events with capacity restrictions. In order to ensure attendance at an in-person event, please make sure to keep up-to-date with information relayed in the Announcements chat and the email list.
Follow Honors & Aprons on social media for recipes, tips and food-related fun!
- Facebook: @HonorsandAprons - https://facebook.com/HonorsandAprons
- Instagram: @HonorsandAprons - https://instagram.com/HonorsandAprons