Finding an Internship
There are several ways to locate internship opportunities:
- A good starting point is Gator CareerLink available from the Career Connections Center; the portal provides access to internship and job postings as well as information about employer events and career fairs
- Check with your college and department to see what services and connections they provide; most have webpages devoted to internship support and opportunities
- Many campus departments also offer internship opportunities including the Bob Graham Center for Public Service, the International Center, and the Samuel Proctor Oral History Program
- Utilize social media – many companies share job and internship opportunities through social media accounts; hashtags offer an easy way to filter information (e.g., #internship, #remoteinternship, #NationalInternDay)
- Explore opportunities with companies that have been recognized for their internship programs
- Search reputable internship boards (e.g. Chegg Internships, LinkedIn, College Recruiter, Idealist)
- Ask! If there is a company or organization you want to work with that is not advertising internship openings, reach out and inquire about opportunities
Honors Internship Credit
Internship credit (IDH4940) is available for Honors students that have secured an internship outside of their field of study or students that are not offered internship credit through your department. Grading is S/U and based on the completion of your internship and reflection assignments (available once registered in Canvas). Courses taken for S/U do not normally apply to major requirements, so you are encouraged to see if your department offers credit before seeking internship credit through Honors.
Honors students pursuing unpaid internships in a location outside of their hometown or Gainesville may apply for a Wentworth Travel Scholarship.
Sharing and Promoting Internship Opportunities
Honors is always looking for new leads on interesting internship opportunities for students. If you are an Honors student that wants to share your internship story or an employer or campus partner looking to recruit, reach out to Kristy Spear at email@example.com.