The First Year Honors Program (FHP) is open to incoming first-year students at the University of Florida. Students apply as part of the overall UF admissions application. Learn more about FHP admission here.
- Submit the FHP Entrance Survey (due in August)
- Complete the Honors section of Quest 1 with a "C" grade or higher (Students who have earned an articulated HSAA degree are exempt from Quest)
- Complete 2 additional credits of Honors courses with a “B” grade or higher
- Earn a 3.5 cumulative UF GPA
- Remain in good standing according to the Student Conduct Code and the Student Honor Code
These requirements must be completed by the end of the first spring semester in order to move into the University Honors Program.
This is how the FHP aligns with the 3 pillars of the Honors Program:
Our faculty advising team meets individually with every incoming Honors student to set the academic foundation for the first year in college. First semester students are also encouraged to take IDH 1700: Introduction to Honors Professional Development which provides an overview of opportunities such as research, internships and global engagement.
First year students build community by participating in one of our retreats prior to the start of fall, living in Hume Hall, and getting involved in a variety of student organizations.
From day one in the Honors Program, students are tasked with meeting their full intellectual potential through the FHP course requirements: Honors Quest and 2 credits of Honors courses of each student’s choice.