The Luminaries are a group of intellectually diverse, highly motivated, student leaders who are excited to share their enthusiasm about the University of Florida Honors Program with others. This highly-selective group of exemplars serve as the official tour guides and student representatives for the UF Honors Program.
Applications are now open for 2019/2020 Luminaries!
Luminary Flyer - Get more info!
To excite and inspire high achieving high school students to see their potential at the University of Florida. The Luminaries work with the UF Honors Program to continually attract a curious, intellectually daring, and creative community of scholars.
MEET THE LUMINARIES
MEMBERSHIP EXPECTATIONS AND BENEFITS:
Luminaries are expected to-
- Have a 3.5+ GPA
- Maintain a knowledge of honors including but not limited to programmatic offerings and opportunities, requirements, and Hume;
- Attend meetings and professional development trainings;
- Read and retain the information presented in the weekly Honors on Wednesday email;
- Check the Canvas page for announcements, assignments, and opportunities regularly
- Commit to serving for 1 academic year (fall/spring), with the opportunity to renew contract based on satisfactory performance;
- Adhere to professional dress and conduct when representing honors;
- Be an active member of the University Honors Program (no Freshman Honors Program students) and plan to complete the program; and
- Represent the UF Honors Program through tours, Admissions events, and honors events.
Luminaries can expect-
- To engage in a close, meaningful working relationship with the honors office;
- Training opportunities to support responsibilities and individual career development;
- Honors Program apparel to wear at events;
- To develop a strong leadership network with peers and campus experts; and
- One honors Enrichment point for a full year of satisfactory service.
Luminary recruiment takes place in the spring semester. Keep an eye out for more information in the Honors on Wednesday.